All images © 2018-2019 Brett Keller | Twitter | Instagram | Contact: keller (dot) brett (at) gmail (dot) com | Powered by Squarespace
- Yet More Ways the Literature Can Mislead Us, by Howard Brody at Hooked (a blog on ethics, medicine, and pharmaceutical companies). I would summarize these new ways, but then you would click through, would you? So do it -- read it here.
- I didn't realize Paul Pronyk left his position (head M&E person) with the Millennium Villages Project just after the recent flap over the Lancet paper (and its partial retraction). Retraction Watch has coverage here and here.
- Two recent good posts from Marc Bellemare: Geography and Culture: Testing Jared Diamond’s "Guns, Germs, and Steel" and The Rationality Straw Man.
- The Cost of Getting the Flu (an infographic), from FrugalDad.
- How Not to Be a "White in Shining Armor," from GiveWell.
- News Flash: Shacking Up [ie, Cohabitation] Does Not Lead to More Divorce, by Hanna Rosin at Slate.
- Finally: 101 Spectactular Nonfiction Stories, from Byliner. If you can't wait til this list comes out next year, just follow LongForm.org.