All images © 2018-2019 Brett Keller | Twitter | Instagram | Contact: keller (dot) brett (at) gmail (dot) com | Powered by Squarespace
- Tara Parker-Pope writes "The Fat Trap," a long essay in the New York Times on obesity. (And here's a thoughtful response from Rod Dreher.) Update: also see this by Aaron Carroll on the same subject.
- Dave Algoso reminds us that -- whether with Google Reader or in international development -- "if you're not paying for it then you're not the customer. You're the product."
- The Economist explores cases where militaries own sizable chunks of the non-military economy, including Egypt and Iran.
- Wronging Rights sighs: "human rights for gays somehow still a point of controversy."
- How does Prozac work? In short, we don't know.
- Have you seen this incredible chart from Mother Jones on the recent history of bank mergers?
- A fascinating and terrifying story about a cargo container emitting massive radiation and how no one could decide what to do with it.