Happy Labor Day:
- Andrew Sullivan has been doing a series of "About My Job" postings, where he publishes short notes from readers with oft-misunderstood professions. Two are particularly relevant to this blog: About My Job: the Epidemiologist and About My Job: the Rocket Scientist.
- The NYTimes highlighted how China's investments in Xinjiang aren't paying dividends in the terms of happy Uighurs.
- Here's a helpful Venn diagram explaining why you haven't been killed by terrorists (yet).
- Marginal Revolution bemoaned the Gates Foundation's investment of billions in dollars in a theory based largely on a misunderstanding of statistics.
- And Chris Blattman picks apart some lousy science writing (also from the NYTimes) on even lousier research regarding stretching, exercise, and injury.